Sunday, May 10, 2009

Someone So Dear

Pink ribbons
Tie me to the sky
All-the-while these tears of longing to fly
Hold me down
I long to hold your hand
Hold it tight
I'll walk you through
The blinding light
One of millions who have fallen victim
You're one in a billion
Of that, I am certain
Your heavenly brunette hair
Your angelic coffee eyes
Your eyelashes have gone to the wind

I visit your place amongst the grass
Everytime I get the chance
My heart begins to race
Just as I feel your embrace
I close my eyes and hope it's true
As I stand there thinking, could it really be you?
Then it all comes back to me
You are no longer here
The one in my arms
Is someone so dear
We come from different parts of the tree,
My sister and me
We bear the same love
We long for your hugs
I look up to the sky
And can't help but cry
Knowing that it's gonna be a while
Before I see that star twinkle in your eye

No comments:

Post a Comment