Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Former Friend

Former friend, you've grown up quite nicely
I haven't seen you since nineteen-ninety...
I forget when, way back then
Our hands entangled, our legs, they dangled
From the tire swing in your back yard
I miss the times when we didn't have to try so hard
Our former friendships, they've become empty
They've become dark
They've been filled
But I still feel a void
I stumbled across the faded, crumbled polaroid
I sit, I stare at all the broken toys of my youth
The way-too-small-for-me-now shoes

What I wouldn't give to rewind
To go back in time
Sometimes I can't help but think
"These new friendships, they're just not cutting it"
I can feel the grip
Of the memories, grabbing so tight
Barely holding on by the cold, tired fingertips

No comments:

Post a Comment